Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tatsmithing VI

Tatsmithing VI

     Working on my third book:  "Tatsmithing, the art of silversmithing with string"  or something of this sort.  Hopefully it will be done by the end of May.
     
     This is a simple pendent.  My husband and I had the same idea, leave it plain with a few beads dangling down.
     The thread is two strands of Coats & Clarks copper sewing thread.


Mahogany Obsidian with gold sheen, 2.5" X 7/8".
The beads are copper and glass on the ends.
(For Sale on my Face Book Page:  West Pine Creations.)

      This stone was found at Glass Butte, Oregon.  This is a really cool place because each hill has it's own unique type of obsidian.  Some of the type of obsidian found here are: mahogany, rainbow, gold and silver sheen, pumpkin, and mid-night lace.  You don't need a shovel to find it, there is a lot "a-float" (on the surface).

2 comments:

  1. It;s beautiful! I think it's my favorite one so far. You do really nice work. I love how even the tension is going around a stone like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is Glass Butte, OR??? I love the way you have tatted around it. Beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete