Thursday, May 3, 2012

Tiny Teapots




Tiny Teapots

     These are various tiny teapots from Martha Ess's book, "Tea is for Tatting".  While tatting the tea pots I was having Oolong, one day and Jasmine, the next.  Must have our pot of morning tea to get us girls going.
     The tea pots were tatted in various sized threads, from size 20 to sewing embroidery thread.  I needed a teapot that would be about 1 1/4" by 2 1/2".  I'm sending them to the shuttle shop to be made into a resin casted tatting shuttle.


 "Tiny Tall and Fat Teapot"
Both in Lizbeth size 20, Tropical Punch
The tall is 1 3/8 X 1 1/2" and the fat is 1 1/2 X 1"


 "Tiny Round Teapot"
The top one is in Lizbeth size 40, Sherbert Delight  (1 1/2 X 1 1/8")
The middle is in pearl cotton #8, two shades of mauves (1 1/2 X 1 1/8")
The last is Lizbeth size 20, med Grass Green and Vineyard Harvest (2 1/8 X 1 1/8")


"Tiny Square Teapot"
The upper left is one strand of variegated purple and one strand of metallic silver sewing thread (1 1/2 X 1 1/8")
The upper right is Lizbeth size 40, Summer Fun (2 X 1 1/2")
The bottom is Star size 80, variegated cranberry color (1 3/8 X 1 3/4")


     Lilacs: 

 

 





3 comments:

  1. Oooh, that's one of my favourite books. LOVE all your teapots. I made the 3D set as soon as I got my copy of the book. So, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your teapots are adorable! Thanks for showing them next to the shuttle. It helps me to understand how tiny they really are.

    I love lilacs! Mine weren't very lush this year, but they did smell good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the tea pots! They are soo cute. The book is on my wish list.

    Your lilacs look wonderful. I just love the smell of them. The picture with the bee is just great.

    ReplyDelete