Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Fabric Shuttles

Fabric Shuttles

     These are Boye shuttles I prettied up with left over fabric.


1.)  Sand the shuttle lightly (roughen it up).  If you fabric is too light and shuttle, too dark, paint white acrylic paint on top of the shuttle.

2.)  Add decoupage to the top shuttle and back of fabric.  Leave the fabric a little larger than the shuttle.

3. )  Once, dry, trim the fabric, next to the shuttle. 
Hint:  I found it easier to trim the fabric, when it's still a little tacky.  If it's too dry, sometimes it would release from the shuttle.

4.)  Add another coat of decoupage to the top and side.  Repeat one more time.

5.)  Once dry add three coats of colorless fingernail polish.  Allow the coats to dry, before adding the next coat.

I like them all so well, I don't know if I could sell them.

But things for sale can be found HERE.


  

9 comments:

  1. Very nice shuttles!! :) The mouse ones are so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love house mouse, those shuttles are great
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are wonderful I will try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the house mouse shuttles..all are just gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing how to do our own :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is Mod Pouge the decoupage stuff you use? These shuttles are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks 💛💛💛 I will try this for sure. I think diluted fabric glue should also work well ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hint. I found it easier to trim the fabric, when it's still a little tacky. If it's too dry, sometimes it would release from the shuttle.

      Delete