Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Fire Opal

Fire Opal

     Fire opals are orange to red.  This name is commonly misused as  precious opals.  Precious opals are white with a play of fire/color.  I purchased this cabochon at one of my craft shows.  The opal is still in it's matrix, so decided to tatsmith around it.  The tatting was done with two strands of copper sewing thread.




 3 of 25 motif challenge.
This opal has been untreated, you can tell by the natural cracks.

           Started another large doily and working on smaller projects at the same time.  I like to burn the candle at both ends.  So my blogging may not be as regular.





  You have until Sat, to comment on Mondays post, to take Honey home.

3 comments:

  1. Oh My!!! That is absolutely gorgeous! Love the color of the thread too, It all works so well together... just meant to be :) Perfect!

    ReplyDelete